Mona Brookes, creator and founder of Monart, has always been at the forefront of art education. As the small business model of the Monart School chain has evolved, the franchise program has been replaced with a more practical solution in the current economic climate. During this continued challenging economic period, she has designed several new program options.
Author of: Drawing with Children
Founder of: Monart Drawing Schools
DESCRIPTION OF COURSE:
If you are interested in this personal internship with Mona Brookes, she will be scheduling a Skype or telephone call with you to discuss the course and your needs. In the meantime, here is some information about the course.
This internship is geared for individuals who offer drawing classes to their community. Some individuals will be offering many arts related subjects but this Certification Course will only cover Mona’s Academic Based Drawing Curriculum, which includes the Monart Drawing Method and the Drawing thru the Alphabet program. Lesson plans, Training DVD’s, Guidelines and Workbooks will be available for purchase at the class.
The 6 day course will cover:
- Understanding the philosophy and setting up a classroom environment.
- How the program can fit your personal choice of location and age groups.
- Hands-on experience in using the curriculum, from a project base of lesson plans for 3 year olds through adults.
- Experience in how to use a full range of drawing media, and suggestions on purchase of art materials and supplies.
- Observation of Mona teaching classes.
- Role-playing sessions in which you teach classes and receive feedback from Mona in how to achieve success with various kinds of projects.
If you are interested in being notified about this program, please email Mona at firstname.lastname@example.org